Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lovin the Christmas feelin!

So today started off good, got up, got my little one ready for the Christmas concert and off to school she went. I was nervous going to the school, so many people so many eyes looking staring wondering why I am on the O2. However, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I felt comfortable and really didn't give a shit about the other people when i was there all I cared about was my little girl and watching her debut. What a debut it was I like every other mother had tears in my eyes when she was on stage. They performed a cute story and song. Charley took the reigns and went right to the microphone for her part and you could here her load and clear, so beautiful.
Resting up now for the rest of the day so i can go and see her ballet recital. I can't wait!!!!
Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can picture the scene. What came to mind as I read your post was how magically real and important the simple gifts are in our lives.... those moments which make us shed a tear and feel perfectly joyful.... then I thought of the song. do you know it? it has the same tune as Lord of the Dance... (If you don't know the tune Shannon, you can youtube it or wait until i see you and i'll sing it ... badly ... for you. :)

    Simple Gifts (Its a Quaker song)
    Its a gift to be simple, Its a gift to be free,
    Its the gift to come down where you ought to be,
    And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
    Will be in the valley of love and delight.

    When true simplicity is gained,
    To bow and to bend, we will not be ashamed,
    To turn, turn, will be our delight,
    Till by turning, turning we come round right

    ReplyDelete